Re: Deleting Objects in Netview

To: nv-l@lists.tivoli.com
Subject: Re: Deleting Objects in Netview
From: Scott Wilson <swilson@RPM.COM>
Date: Fri, 7 Aug 1998 09:25:12 -0400
Sender: Discussion of IBM NetView and POLYCENTER Manager on NetView et alia <NV-L@UCSBVM.UCSB.EDU>
Shutdown netmon and use:

ovtopofix -r <selection name>
restart ALL read-write maps, let them sync, and the object should be
gone.

If that doesn't work, shutdown NetView (ovstop), and use:
ovwdbdmap -d <selection name>
This command takes about 5 minutes per object to remove from the
database, so plan for the downtime.  I would also recommend a backup
before running ovwdbdmap at all since I have heard that it can cause
serious DB corruption.

HTH,

Scott

Carsten Strahler wrote:

> Hi,
>
> does anyone know a simple way to delete an object from the
> Netview-Databases ? We ' re using 5 maps at the same time.
>
> Carsten

Scott Wilson                         Email: swilson@rpm.com
Network Management Consultant        Pager: 800-506-7348
RPM Consulting, Inc.