Re: Rulesets

To: nv-l@lists.tivoli.com
Subject: Re: Rulesets
From: Jose Luis Arbona Orovay <jarbo@INFOCENTRE.GVA.ES>
Date: Fri, 7 Aug 1998 15:07:42 +0200
Sender: Discussion of IBM NetView and POLYCENTER Manager on NetView et alia <NV-L@UCSBVM.UCSB.EDU>
James_Shanks@TIVOLI.COM escribis:

> nvcorrd does not expect to have any in-line actions which involve processes
> that themselves  spawn new shells or child processes.  But if you think you
> have discovered a bug and you want it fixed, then you will have to open a
> call to Support and report it.   Be prepared to trace the execution of your
> failing ruleset and to ftp that along with the ruleset to the Level 2 group
> for analysis.  If they can see the bug in what you send or reproduce it
> themselves, then they will open an APAR to get it fixed.  They will be
> happy to explain how to gather the data they need.

I have modified my ruleset, removing all Inline Actions, which executed the
event command, and putting Actions instead, and it has worked very well,
defuncts don't have appeared. But, I have been reading the NetView
Administrator's Guide and dont have found anything about a restriction in
Inline Actions with spawning processes, where can I find more information about
that kind of tips? are there more like this?

Thanks a lot.

    Josi Luis.