Re: Rulesets

To: nv-l@lists.tivoli.com
Subject: Re: Rulesets
From: Douglas Staub <Douglas_Staub@KEYBANK.COM>
Date: Wed, 5 Aug 1998 08:23:33 -0400
Sender: Discussion of IBM NetView and POLYCENTER Manager on NetView et alia <NV-L@UCSBVM.UCSB.EDU>
My first question is what type of handlers or decisions are you using
within your ruleset?  How often is the event occuring?  James Shanks of
Tivoli just sent a good piece on creating rulesets earlier this week and
might be worth taking a look at.

I have had similar problems using the inline action (hundreds of
defuncts!), however, I soon learned from James that executing a script
within an inline script is not a good idea if you are expecting many events
to be fully processed or if the script takes longer than 10 seconds or both
- this resulted in a modification to evaluate the event o my part using the
command for automatic action within the event itself and my problem has
since disappeared.

 (Embedded
 image moved   jarbo @ INFOCENTRE.GVA.ES
 to file:      08/05/98 06:52 AM