Question on rulesets

To: nv-l@lists.tivoli.com
Subject: Question on rulesets
From: Leen van der Ster - Triple P Nederland <lster@EMSERVER.TRIPLE-P.NL>
Date: Tue, 18 Aug 1998 13:58:45 +0200
Sender: Discussion of IBM NetView and POLYCENTER Manager on NetView et alia <NV-L@UCSBVM.UCSB.EDU>
Hi all,

I'm using Netview 4.2 on AIX 4.1.4 and have made some rulesets.
When I'm activating the rulesets through the ESE.automation file
and create a dynamic workspace they work fine.
The problem I walk into is the following:
When I use rulesets without forward to a dynamic workspace and only
automatic actions to perform, I still need to start a dynamic workspace
for this ruleset to let it work, but there is nothing to display in it.
Even worse:
When I leave in the night I want to logout Netview and still have my
rulesets perform the necessary actions that should be taken after
some events/traps according to the rulesets. But when I logout, my
dynamic workspace is gone and so it won't work anymore.

Am I missing something here?

Thanx in advance

Leen van der Ster                           Triple P Nederland B.V.
Consultant                                  email: lster@triple-p.nl
Ir. D.S. Tuynmanweg  10, 4131 PN Vianen     The Netherlands.
Tel: +31-347-353312
Fax: +31-347-353301