Re: Question on rulesets

To: nv-l@lists.tivoli.com
Subject: Re: Question on rulesets
From: James_Shanks@TIVOLI.COM
Date: Tue, 18 Aug 1998 09:04:23 -0400
Sender: Discussion of IBM NetView and POLYCENTER Manager on NetView et alia <NV-L@UCSBVM.UCSB.EDU>
Rulesets in ESE.automation will not affect your display.  The background
daemons do not have a display, only you do.  So if your ruleset is doing
Forwards, Resolves, and so on, then it must be run in a dynamic workspace.
If you want to have things done both in the background (like send email and
pages and so on) then you should have two rulesets.  One for the background
actions and one which just affects your display when you are logged on.

James Shanks
Tivoli (NetView for UNIX) L3 Support

Leen van der Ster - Triple P Nederland <lster@EMSERVER.TRIPLE-P.NL> on
08/18/98 07:58:45 AM