Re: NetMon

To: nv-l@lists.tivoli.com
Subject: Re: NetMon
From: Ray Schafer <schafer@TKG.COM>
Date: Tue, 18 Aug 1998 20:28:17 -0400
Sender: Discussion of IBM NetView and POLYCENTER Manager on NetView et alia <NV-L@UCSBVM.UCSB.EDU>
I would suspect that your system is out of real memory.
Have you checked that? (vmstat will show you if you are on a UNIX system)
Perhaps you can decrease the memory requirements by:
    Decreasing the SNMP timeouts using xnmsnmpconf
    Increase the time between polling intervals
    Make sure you are able to do snmpqueries for the nodes in the ovw
database which are marked as being snmpcapable.