NetView account for the Administrator group of WinNT

To: nv-l@lists.tivoli.com
Subject: NetView account for the Administrator group of WinNT
From: Jens Hahn <hahnj@DE.IBM.COM>
Date: Mon, 31 Aug 1998 08:53:16 +0000
Sender: Discussion of IBM NetView and POLYCENTER Manager on NetView et alia <NV-L@UCSBVM.UCSB.EDU>
Hi All,
we have some RISCs with NetView v4 running. Now we consider about to install
NetView v5 for NT first for
testing purpose to see differences to v4. But the first try to install NetView
v5 for NT fails with the message:
"ERROR: Could not add the account NetView to the Administrators group.
Returned: 2220"
If I ignore this message the installation go on but when I try to start the
NetView Console after the restart of
Windows NT the NetView Service cannot start.
I have done the installation as Administrator and if I see in the User
Administration Tool there is an new user
named NetView to start the NetView Services.
Did anybody had the same problem sometimes and found a solution for this?
...for your response, thanks in advance.

MfG / Best Regards
Jens Hahn

=== Have a nice day ! ===

- Jens Hahn -
NS Network Management Solutions
IBM Deutschland Informationssysteme GmbH
Phone  (+49)-6131-84-2661
Fax        (+49)-6131-84-6809
Mobile  (+49) -177-2479835
Notes   Jens Hahn/Germany/IBM@IBMDE