[Fwd: Problems]

To: nv-l@lists.tivoli.com
Subject: [Fwd: Problems]
From: Jose Luis Arbona Orovay <jarbo@INFOCENTRE.GVA.ES>
Date: Thu, 3 Sep 1998 08:49:27 +0200
Sender: Discussion of IBM NetView and POLYCENTER Manager on NetView et alia <NV-L@UCSBVM.UCSB.EDU>
--- Begin Message ---
To: Discussion of IBM NetView and POLYCENTER Manager on NetView et a <NV-L@UCSBVM.ucsb.edu>
Subject: Problems
From: "Josi Luis Arbona Orovay" <jarbo@infocentre.gva.es>
Date: Tue, 11 Aug 1998 10:35:03 +0200
I've got the next problems with NetView:

1. I generally have Ethernet segments Unmanaged, however some of this
segments appear on the map as Unmanaged but have the IPStatus as Normal,
and then NV discovers all the PCs into the net. I change to Unmanaged
(Managing, Unmanaging an then Managing only the interface of the router,
after removing the PC's). Next day I look at the ISStatus of this
segments and, magically, is as Normal and the PC's have appeared. This
happens only with 3 segments, and I'm tired of remove PCs. How can I
resolve this problem? I deleted the segment, the routed to discover
again, but nothing.

2. Sometimes appear segments not owning any node an with a description
like 192.168.250.12312345, I remove them but appear again. I think I can
be a bug of the IOS of a router (Cisco with IOS 10.3(19a)), does
somebody experienced some like this?

Thanks.

    Josi Luis.

--- End Message ---