Re: Interface Down Events

To: nv-l@lists.tivoli.com
Subject: Re: Interface Down Events
From: James_Shanks@TIVOLI.COM
Date: Thu, 3 Sep 1998 07:12:22 -0400
Sender: Discussion of IBM NetView and POLYCENTER Manager on NetView et alia <NV-L@UCSBVM.UCSB.EDU>
Mike -

What level of code are you using?  $A is supposed to return the trap
sender, which should be the box reporting the down interface.  You are
correct that technically it is netmon reporting this but that trap which
netmon sends says that the "agent" who sent the trap is the failing box.
So Blaine is correct -- $A gives you the box with the failing interface.

James Shanks
Tivoli (NetView for UNIX) L3 Support

Michael Dors <miked@mtp.gov> on 09/01/98 02:06:38 PM

Please respond to miked@mtp.gov