Re: Error when run netview

To: nv-l@lists.tivoli.com
Subject: Re: Error when run netview
From: Leslie Clark <lclark@US.IBM.COM>
Date: Thu, 3 Sep 1998 07:40:35 -0400
Sender: Discussion of IBM NetView and POLYCENTER Manager on NetView et alia <NV-L@UCSBVM.UCSB.EDU>
>Hi all,
 >       Now, I was install Framework v3.2 and Netview v5.0 on AIX 4.2.1.
>when I try to run netview, I get the error "can not convert string
>[Helv12b]."
>       I would like to know what happen?

Does the map come up anyway? Usually messages to stdout regarding fonts
just mean that you did not install all of the expected fonts with AIX, and some
substitution was made.  I usually install all of the fonts I can find just to be
sure to get the ones Netview is expecting (I like the way they look, too) and
eliminate the messages. Access from X-stations or X-emulators sometimes
gives that kind of message, but  I know less about fixing that.

If it is NOT working in spite of the message, you will have to tell us more. Or
call support.

Cordially,

Leslie Clark
IBM Global Services - Network & Systems Management - Detroit