Re: Looking for ruleset for Interface Down / Interface Up

To: nv-l@lists.tivoli.com
Subject: Re: Looking for ruleset for Interface Down / Interface Up
From: James_Shanks@TIVOLI.COM
Date: Fri, 4 Sep 1998 14:04:07 -0400
Sender: Discussion of IBM NetView and POLYCENTER Manager on NetView et alia <NV-L@UCSBVM.UCSB.EDU>
The match functions, both pass and reset, allow you to substring, in
effect, a  trap variable, down to the word level. For example, "3.2" means
"the second word of the third variable", which is what many folks use to
pull out just the interface label.

James Shanks
Tivoli (NetView for UNIX) L3 Support

Ulrich Weissensteiner <UWeissensteiner@ITC-DETMOLD.DE> on 09/04/98 10:53:56