Re: Looking for ruleset for Interface Down / Interface Up

To: nv-l@lists.tivoli.com
Subject: Re: Looking for ruleset for Interface Down / Interface Up
From: Ray Schafer <schafer@TKG.COM>
Date: Sun, 6 Sep 1998 16:37:40 -0400
Sender: Discussion of IBM NetView and POLYCENTER Manager on NetView et alia <NV-L@UCSBVM.UCSB.EDU>
[...]
> Is there a possibility to check not only the hostname (NVATTR_2) but
> also the interface number
> or interface description in a ruleset ?
> As I understand it I have to parse the "formated event description" from
> these events.
> But how ?

If you are doing it inside of an action or inline action script,
You can do this:

If NVATTR_4 is something like "153.2.0.21 912039191 10234 10235"
then you can do:
    set $NVATTR_4
    and $1 = 153.2.0.21
        $2 = 912039191
        $3 = 10234
        $4 = 10235
    so you will be able to say:
        IPADDR=$1
    (after the set command)

If you are doing the comparison in the pass on match node, $4.1 is the
address.
$4.2 is the time (in seconds since January 1, 1970)  $4.3 is the Object ID
of the
parent object (in Netview's object database) and $4.4 is the Object ID of
the interface.

--
Ray Schafer                   | schafer@tkg.com
The Kernel Group              | Network Computing Consulting