Deleting nodes

To: nv-l@lists.tivoli.com
Subject: Deleting nodes
From: Matt Moore <MattM@DATACOM.CO.NZ>
Date: Mon, 7 Sep 1998 17:32:49 +1200
Sender: Discussion of IBM NetView and POLYCENTER Manager on NetView et alia <NV-L@UCSBVM.UCSB.EDU>
Hi,

I am having trouble deleting nodes from the map and topology databases.
The documentation says to delete a node from the topology database, you
must first delete all instances of that node from all maps, then it will
be deleted from the topology. When I delete all instances of a node from
my map, the node object disappears from my map, but still exists in the
topology database (ovtopodump -l nodeName), and ovw object database
(ovobjprint -s nodeName).
I have tried ovtopofix -a to correct inconsistencies between the
databases, but the node still exists.
If I create a new map, the node which I had deleted reappears (this is
to be expected because it is still in the topology)
The node is specifically excluded in the seed file, so it is not being
rediscovered.

My platform is Windows NT Server 4 (with Service pack 3), running
Netview 5.0a.

Does anybody have any solutions?

Thanks

Matt Moore