Re: ovwdb

To: nv-l@lists.tivoli.com
Subject: Re: ovwdb
From: Dominique JEANNEROD <jeannerod@APOGEE-COM.FR>
Date: Mon, 7 Sep 1998 20:23:13 +0200
Sender: Discussion of IBM NetView and POLYCENTER Manager on NetView et alia <NV-L@UCSBVM.UCSB.EDU>
At 13:00 07/09/98 EDT, you wrote:
>Hello all,
>
>My customer has around 35k objects to manage, and it seems that up to
>around 25k objects there is no problem, but beyond this we get
>' out of memory ' errors.
>We run ovwdb -n 0, and we get problems with more that 25k objects,
>Is there anything that we can do about this?
>
>It seems that we need to set the process memory size for ovwdb to be
>greater than the default, but ths korn shell will only let you do
>this for all daemons.
>

>Thanks for any help.
>
>Simon Aldous
>AIX Technical Instructor
>(tele) 0171 2023862 / 7 433862 (fax) 0171 2023173
>simon_aldous@uk.ibm.com

What about using a seed file to reduce the number of objects in the database ?
Do you really need to manage all 35k objects ?

        Dominique JEANNEROD. Responsable technique
|        APOGEE Communications, Agence Sud-Est                 |
|        113 boulevard Stalingrad, 69100 VILLEURBANNE          |
|        Phone : 0478173838 -- Fax : 0478173839                |