Re: Modem attachment Netview

To: nv-l@lists.tivoli.com
Subject: Re: Modem attachment Netview
From: Will Mason <wmason@TIVOLI.COM>
Date: Tue, 8 Sep 1998 07:28:19 -0500
Sender: Discussion of IBM NetView and POLYCENTER Manager on NetView et alia <NV-L@UCSBVM.UCSB.EDU>
Uh ... theoretically? yes.  Practically? I wouldn't touch that one.
I would set my management station on my lan and monitor it from
a dialed in web client.  NetView 5.1 supports web services on both
UNIX and NT rather well and efficiently.  Let your NetView server
stay on the lan where it can take advantage of the higher speed lines.

Will

EGIBM5ML@IBMMAIL.COM wrote:

> Hello ,
> Can I monitor my Network using Netview by having the network
> management station attached to this Network using a modem ?
> Appreciate Any Help.
>
> Best Regards,
> Nagla.
> E-Mail : nmarzouk@vnet.ibm.com

Will Mason
NetView Product Evangelist

wmason@tivoli.com
http://www.tivoli.com

"While the inferior man seeks to put the blame on
other persons, bewailing his fate, the superior
man seeks the error within himself."

I-Ching