Re: ovactiond and trapd losing contact

To: nv-l@lists.tivoli.com
Subject: Re: ovactiond and trapd losing contact
From: Vladimir Petr <petr@DATASYS.CZ>
Date: Tue, 8 Sep 1998 14:53:59 +0200
Sender: Discussion of IBM NetView and POLYCENTER Manager on NetView et alia <NV-L@UCSBVM.UCSB.EDU>
Hello, Doug;

Although I do not use NV 4.1, a good piece of information might come
from ovactiond.log.  You can have more info in the log with the -v
options. So, try to execute

ovstop ovactiond
ovdelobj ovactiond.lrf
ovaddobj ovactiond.lrf
ovstart ovactiond

Also, you did not tell us whether trapd is running or not. ovactiond
depends upon him and exits if trapd died.

Eventually, ovactiond has nothing to do with rulesets. Rulesets
actions (not inline) are executed by actionsvr and his children.

HTH

Kind regards,
Vladimir.

--
Vladimir Petr

Datasys, s.r.o.
mail: petr@datasys.cz
If it were done when 'tis done, then 'twere well
It were done quickly.