Re: Traffic by TCP port

To: nv-l@lists.tivoli.com
Subject: Re: Traffic by TCP port
From: James_Shanks@TIVOLI.COM
Date: Tue, 8 Sep 1998 11:59:15 -0400
Sender: Discussion of IBM NetView and POLYCENTER Manager on NetView et alia <NV-L@UCSBVM.UCSB.EDU>
Actually, there is a new piece of NetView in V5.1 which MAY help, unless
what you have to have is actual statistics on what those ports are doing
(like you might get from a remote agent which updates a MIB).

NetView V5.1 for UNIX ships an executable that was available just in NT
called nvsniffer, which will discover what TCP ports your boxes are using
an build collections of them based on this information.  It won't give you
stats, but it will tell you if they are working.  You can even customize it
to use your won commands or scripts to test the health of these things if
you want.

James Shanks
Tivoli (NetView for UNIX) L3 Support

Ray Schafer <schafer@tkg.com> on 09/08/98 11:15:28 AM