Re: Traffic by TCP port

To: nv-l@lists.tivoli.com
Subject: Re: Traffic by TCP port
From: Connie Logg <cal@SLAC.STANFORD.EDU>
Date: Tue, 8 Sep 1998 09:03:01 -0700
Sender: Discussion of IBM NetView and POLYCENTER Manager on NetView et alia <NV-L@UCSBVM.UCSB.EDU>
Check out www.netscout.com.  I have many of their probes, and their user
interface is simple to use.  I highly recommend them.  They have 2 great
filters: TCPPORT and UDPPORT, and many others too. With these 2 installed
and logging turned on, I log data about every port used and every source and
destination port combination.  This is useful for all types of analysis.

At 05:29 PM 9/7/98 -0700, you wrote:
>I have a server that has a few TCP connections to a few other remote ports,
>running different kind of streams like video and sound.  I'd like to monitor
>the traffic according to each local TCP port - tcpInSegs and tcpInSegs can't
>give me traffic info by each TCP port.
>Is it possible to do this on Netview?  I'm using Netview v5.1 on NT.
>Thanks.
>
>Rgds,
>Ai Nee

" Of course the opinions expressed here are my own. "

Connie Logg    CAL@SLAC.Stanford.Edu  ph: 650-926-2879
Network Management and Performance Analyst
SLAC (MS 97), P.O. Box 4349, Stanford, CA 94309

"Happiness is found along the way, not at the end of the road."