pop-up notification missed on remote host connection

To: nv-l@lists.tivoli.com
Subject: pop-up notification missed on remote host connection
From: Adriana Gomes <agomes@VE.IBM.COM>
Date: Wed, 9 Sep 1998 09:04:19 -0500
Sender: Discussion of IBM NetView and POLYCENTER Manager on NetView et alia <NV-L@UCSBVM.UCSB.EDU>
To:   nv-l@ucsbvm.ucsb.edu

Hello,

I have an AIX machine which NetView Server is installed, used to manage a
customer's
network. In this machine we have opened the default map. Also we created an
 additional
user X, who has only read permission over another map, which is a copy of
default map.
In a remote host, user X can connect to NetView Server through rsh and/or
another
remote terminal sessions, and can open nv6000 application with his map, and
 this
operation works well. Although, this user cannot see the pop-up
notifications, even I
configured theses all events in the default map and the user X's map. What
happen with
the remote notifications?, maybe I have to configure in the default map or
in the other map
the trap forward option. Did I forget any configuration option?

Thanks in advance,

Regards,

Adriana

Adriana Gomes N.
Phone: (582) 9088615.   Tie-line: 777-8615
Address: Av. Ernesto Blohm, Ed. IBM. Chuao. Caracas, Venezuela.
e-mail: agomes@ve.ibm.com