Re: Re[2]: NetView 4.1 and AIX 4.3

To: nv-l@lists.tivoli.com
Subject: Re: Re[2]: NetView 4.1 and AIX 4.3
From: Leslie Clark <lclark@US.IBM.COM>
Date: Thu, 10 Sep 1998 18:32:38 -0400
Sender: Discussion of IBM NetView and POLYCENTER Manager on NetView et alia <NV-L@UCSBVM.UCSB.EDU>
>How about NetView 4.1.2 on AIX 4.2.1???  Still run happily?  (I'm about to
>upgrade the AIX OS from 4.1.4 to 4.2.1.)
>
>I'm planning on applying U453385 after the upgrade.  My current PTF level
>is at U449573.
>
>Anything more I may need to know before I go ahead?

While Netview has remained remarkably independant of the AIX os level , the
same cannot
be said for applications that run on top of Netview. You will want to check
with the supporters
of those apps as well. Nways is fairly sensitive to AIX levels, I know.

Cordially,

Leslie Clark
IBM Global Services - Network & Systems Management - Detroit