Re: Netview Menu bar

To: nv-l@lists.tivoli.com
Subject: Re: Netview Menu bar
From: Mark_Sklenarik@TIVOLI.COM
Date: Fri, 11 Sep 1998 08:22:48 -0400
Sender: Discussion of IBM NetView and POLYCENTER Manager on NetView et alia <NV-L@UCSBVM.UCSB.EDU>
One word of caution on creating or adding to the registration files for
NetView.  Do Not add your customizations to "NetView owned" registration
files, create your own files.

The reason is that during the migration of NetView from one version or
release to the next, NetView will not migrate forward "your"
customizations to the NetView owned registration files.  NetView migration
does save the original registration file in
/usr/OV.back.vxrx/registration/C. NetView also, logs the difference in old
and new NetView registartion files /tmp/update.log during migration.

NetView does migrate registration files that are not owned by NetView
forward.  Once a migration is complete the customer's registration files
will be the same as before.

Tivoli Verification - RTP
Bldg 500, 4205 South Miami Blvd,  Research Triangle Park, NC 27709
Email: mark.sklenarik@tivoli.com

Ray Schafer <schafer@tkg.com> on 09/11/98 07:05:58 AM

Please respond to schafer@tkg.com