Re: Netview Menu bar

To: nv-l@lists.tivoli.com
Subject: Re: Netview Menu bar
From: carla raffi <craffi@SOGEI.IT>
Date: Fri, 11 Sep 1998 14:40:35 +0200
Sender: Discussion of IBM NetView and POLYCENTER Manager on NetView et alia <NV-L@UCSBVM.UCSB.EDU>
 It is possible to change Netview Menu bar.
You can create a user defined registration directory in which you can made all the changes you need.

I will show you how to do this.
We have made these changes in our environment.
1.  we have created two different users User1 and User2
2.  in the home
     directory of the users we have add this line to .profile file

  export OVwRegDir=$HOME/reg/C

3.  in $HOME/reg/C we have copied the contents of /usr/OV/registration/C and
     then we have done all the changes we need.
4.  We have created two different profiles for the two users; for example only the first
     user can delete maps.

I hope this note could help you .
Bye Ray Schafer wrote:

> Is it possible to modify the Netview EUI menu bar?
> In the documentation, I haven't found any information on how to do that.
> thanks for your help

Absolutely.

Look in /usr/OV/registration/C.  Any files in there or in the
subdirectories
drive the menu choices and commands.  My suggestion is to create your own
directory under there and make your menu choices there.

--
Ray Schafer                   | schafer@tkg.com
The Kernel Group              | Network Computing Consulting