Re: Discovering with seed files in NV5 for NT

To: nv-l@lists.tivoli.com
Subject: Re: Discovering with seed files in NV5 for NT
From: James_Shanks@TIVOLI.COM
Date: Fri, 11 Sep 1998 09:07:14 -0400
Sender: Discussion of IBM NetView and POLYCENTER Manager on NetView et alia <NV-L@UCSBVM.UCSB.EDU>
My understanding is that in NetView for NT 5.0 if you want to exclude stuff
from being discovered, then you put it in the seed file with a "bang" (!)
in front of it, as in " !192.125.53.60" .  In Version 5.1 there is a
"seedfile only option" so you can discover just what is included in the
seedfile.

There is a NetView for NT client and it should be on one of the CD's you
were shipped?  Not there?  You may have an old package or something.  In
anycase, there is client code in Version 5.1 for certain and it is shipped
with the product.

If you want to see what is being collected by snmpCollect, look in
/usr/ov/conf/snmpcol.conf.

James Shanks
Tivoli (NetView for UNIX) L3 Support

"Bacon, Benjamin" <Benjamin.Bacon@WESTGROUP.COM> on 09/01/98 05:50:43 PM