Re: Corruption of default & map formula for date and time (??

To: nv-l@lists.tivoli.com
Subject: Re: Corruption of default & map formula for date and time (?? time zone based??)
From: Matt Moore <MattM@DATACOM.CO.NZ>
Date: Thu, 17 Sep 1998 13:16:14 +1200
Sender: Discussion of IBM NetView and POLYCENTER Manager on NetView et alia <NV-L@UCSBVM.UCSB.EDU>
Hi,

the formula we use to convert the netview 5.0 for NT date format to the
windows date format is:

([SnmpcollectData]![endTime]+2209161600)/(24*60*60)+0.5

Note:
2209161600 = number of second between the windows 'zero' date (1/1/1900
12 AM) and the netview 'zero' date (1/1/1970 12 AM) -- (d/m/yy)
(24*60*60) = number of seconds in a day
0.5 = 12 hours (in windows date format) because NZ is 12 hrs ahead of
GMT

Regards,

Matt Moore