The question of ...Evaluating Platforms/Frameworks Again

To: nv-l@lists.tivoli.com
Subject: The question of ...Evaluating Platforms/Frameworks Again
From: Peter Stubbs <Peter.Stubbs@GECITS-AP.COM>
Date: Tue, 22 Sep 1998 15:07:57 +0800
Sender: Discussion of IBM NetView and POLYCENTER Manager on NetView et alia <NV-L@UCSBVM.UCSB.EDU>
Once again I have been charged with the task of evaluating EMS type
platforms/frameworks. At present I am looking at both Tivoli vs HP
OpenView..... with a mind to installing layered applications to monitor the
network, PC desktops, NT & UNIX servers, application databases, interfaces
to Remedy/Clarify helpdesks and of course the network.

I am after user feedback as to the latest level of ease of installation,
configuration and operation for each of theselayered app's on each
platform.  Looking at the product sheets, both both vendors promise all
.... however, as we live in the real world, I am interested in how easy
people have found to deliver these promises.

Thanks in advance.

GE Capital IT Solutions
This email is confidential. If you are not the intended recipient, you must
not disclose or use the information contained in it. If you have received
this mail in error, please tell us immediately by return email and delete
the document.