Re: Migrating From UNIX to NT

To: nv-l@lists.tivoli.com
Subject: Re: Migrating From UNIX to NT
From: James_Shanks@TIVOLI.COM
Date: Wed, 23 Sep 1998 10:31:56 -0400
Sender: Discussion of IBM NetView and POLYCENTER Manager on NetView et alia <NV-L@UCSBVM.UCSB.EDU>
The NT version does not require the Framework, you are correct on that
score.

But NetView  for NT Version 5.1 does have event correlation.  You can run
rulesets there.  But they were unable to port the graphical ruleset editor
to NT in this release, so customer rulesets have to be created in UNIX and
sent to NT.  There are some good samples one provided however.

The NetView development team is working on code and feature convergence and
each subsequent release of NetView will see the UNIX and NT versions of the
product get closer and closer together.

James Shanks
Tivoli (NetView for UNIX) L3 Support

Greg Hubbard <Greg.Hubbard@PREDICTIVE.COM> on 09/23/98 10:13:50 AM