Re: Netview 4.1 and Seedfile

To: nv-l@lists.tivoli.com
Subject: Re: Netview 4.1 and Seedfile
From: Scott_Donohoo@TIVOLI.COM
Date: Fri, 25 Sep 1998 17:15:29 -0400
Sender: Discussion of IBM NetView and POLYCENTER Manager on NetView et alia <NV-L@UCSBVM.UCSB.EDU>
Eddie,

This particular wildcard will not work because of the way the seed file is
parsed. The first character in each line must be either a number or a valid
hostname character. If it is a number, the entry is assumed to be an
address. If not, it is assumed to be a hostname and netmon will try to
resolve *.*.*.254 as such and generate an error.

You might try entering a separate line for each different number you have
in the first octet:

Scott Donohoo
Tivoli Customer Support Team (NetView for Unix)

"Adair, Eddie" <eadair@FRK.COM> on 09/25/98 04:46:25 PM

      NetView et alia <NV-L@UCSBVM.UCSB.EDU>