Re: Trap customization question

To: nv-l@lists.tivoli.com
Subject: Re: Trap customization question
From: James_Shanks@TIVOLI.COM
Date: Mon, 28 Sep 1998 15:07:39 -0400
Sender: Discussion of IBM NetView and POLYCENTER Manager on NetView et alia <NV-L@UCSBVM.UCSB.EDU>
You can create anything you like as long as you know what the generic and
specfic trap numbers are that the agent software will use.  Often, these
are defined in a MIB file with "TRAP-TYPE" syntax.  If you have one of
those, then with NetView V5.1 you can use mib2trap to create an addtrap
script to addthese traps.  If not, then just use the GUI (you can type
xnmtrap from the command line if you like).

James Shanks
Tivoli (NetView for UNIX) L3 Support

Adriana Gomes <agomes@VE.IBM.COM> on 09/28/98 03:19:34 PM

      NetView et alia <NV-L@UCSBVM.UCSB.EDU>