Re: NV 5.1 "nvsniffer" config.

To: nv-l@lists.tivoli.com
Subject: Re: NV 5.1 "nvsniffer" config.
From: Scott_Donohoo@TIVOLI.COM
Date: Tue, 29 Sep 1998 11:58:47 -0400
Sender: Discussion of IBM NetView and POLYCENTER Manager on NetView et alia <NV-L@UCSBVM.UCSB.EDU>
Gary,

That's correct. nvsniffer on unix currently supports only a subset of the
functions that the NT version has. For the unix version, there is no
built-in scheduling capability and interface-level symbols representing the
status of the service are not built. I don't have any information on how
much the unix version is likely to become more like the NT version in
future releases.

Scott Donohoo
Tivoli Customer Support Team (NetView for Unix)

"Boyles, Gary P" <gary.p.boyles@INTEL.COM> on 09/29/98 11:15:35 AM

      NetView et alia <NV-L@UCSBVM.UCSB.EDU>