Re: Query More Than One Port

To: nv-l@lists.tivoli.com
Subject: Re: Query More Than One Port
From: James_Shanks@TIVOLI.COM
Date: Tue, 29 Sep 1998 21:36:32 -0400
Sender: Discussion of IBM NetView and POLYCENTER Manager on NetView et alia <NV-L@UCSBVM.UCSB.EDU>
A udp port can be owned by just one application at a time.  And trapd
listens to the one you tell him to in /etc/services.  The case you describe
requires one trap receiver to forward the traps to another.  What agents
are involved?

James Shanks
Tivoli (NetView for UNIX) L3 Support

Vince Rosso <Vince_Rosso@TRANSALTA.COM> on 09/29/98 03:43:28 PM