Re: TME planning for migration from NetView 4.1 to NetView 5.1

To: nv-l@lists.tivoli.com
Subject: Re: TME planning for migration from NetView 4.1 to NetView 5.1
From: James_Shanks@TIVOLI.COM
Date: Fri, 2 Oct 1998 13:33:42 -0400
Sender: Discussion of IBM NetView and POLYCENTER Manager on NetView et alia <NV-L@UCSBVM.UCSB.EDU>
Even for TIPN, NetView does not have to be on the TMR Server.

For integration with Inventory, NetView V5.1 must be on the same box as
Tivoli Inventory  and for TEC, a TEC console must be installed.

We are well aware that it would seriously impact NetView's "installability"
if it had to be on the TMR server, and there are no plans to require that.

James Shanks
Tivoli (NetView for UNIX) L3 Support

"Miner, Eric" <eric.miner@TRAVELERS.COM> on 09/28/98 05:20:20 PM

      NetView et alia <NV-L@UCSBVM.UCSB.EDU>