SNS Tools and Netview 4.1 in AIX 4.1.5

To: nv-l@lists.tivoli.com
Subject: SNS Tools and Netview 4.1 in AIX 4.1.5
From: Kostas Kottos <K.Kottos@ASYK.ASE.GR>
Date: Tue, 6 Oct 1998 18:15:32 +0200
Sender: Discussion of IBM NetView and POLYCENTER Manager on NetView et alia <NV-L@UCSBVM.UCSB.EDU>
Hello,

  Sorry if this message is a bit irrelevant to the content of this list,
but may be one of the members has the experience to answer.  I tried to
install SNS Tools from SNS consultants http://www.snscon.co.za (snsrep
v2.2, colfilter v2.2 and repf v2.2).  My machine runs AIX 4.1.5 and
Netview v4.1.

  After the installation, snstrapd (the daemon of SNS which is
responsible  for updating a  trapd.log "similar" file) failed to
initialize properly
(command used is ovstart snstrapd, after the daemon was registered by
using ovaddobj with the appropriate lrf file, and Netview trapd was
already initialized - the only dependency of snstrapd is Netview trapd).
It doesn't even run in the background.

 Another problem is that snsrep program doesn't recognize all the
expressions and MIB instances which are collected in snmpCollect for
each node, like there were no collection data for the specific nodes
(although a build expression command was issued ).

Is there anyone who got these tools work properly in AIX? I would
appreciate a good answer.

B.T.W  I believe that these tools are great for the purpose of printing
reports out of snmpCollect data.

Thank you,

Kostas Kottos
ASYK, Greece