Seed file

To: nv-l@lists.tivoli.com
Subject: Seed file
From: Rob Rinear <robr@DIRIGO.COM>
Date: Tue, 6 Oct 1998 13:48:31 -0400
Sender: Discussion of IBM NetView and POLYCENTER Manager on NetView et alia <NV-L@UCSBVM.UCSB.EDU>
I'm working with a customer with divisions in the US and Europe, and they
want to separate network management.  The US network is 157.x.x.x and the
Europe network is 139.x.x.x, and I'm trying to configure the US Netview 5
station to ignore the Europe network.  I've tried a seed file with a single
entry of  !139.*.*.* , but it still continues to find  networks and devices
in that range.

Is this the correct syntax?  Any other ideas why this isn't working?

Rob Rinear
Dirigo Incorporated
Systems and Network Management Solutions
(513) 421-6500
robr@dirigo.com
http://www.dirigo.com