Re: snmpCollect core dumps with Version 5.1 or V4 U453385

To: nv-l@lists.tivoli.com
Subject: Re: snmpCollect core dumps with Version 5.1 or V4 U453385
From: Dave Luiz <daveluiz@JPS.NET>
Date: Wed, 7 Oct 1998 19:06:42 -0700
Sender: Discussion of IBM NetView and POLYCENTER Manager on NetView et alia <NV-L@UCSBVM.UCSB.EDU>
Ray, I have been running AIX 4.2.1/Netview 4.1.2(U451880), and running large
data collections on a database of 53,000+ objects with no snmpCollect problems.
A few minutes ago I applied PTF U453385. Upon restarting things, I immediately
saw that snmpCollect exited with a signal 11, and dumped a core in
/usr/OV/PD/cores/snmpCollect. I restarted snmpCollect only to watch it die again
with the same symptoms.

I plan to open a PMR tomorrow morning with Tivoli. I wanted you to know that you
were NOT the only one to experience this. In fact, reading your note before
applying the PTF prepared me for possible bad news. Data collections are a very
important part of how we use Netview. Thanks for sharing!

E-mail me at dluiz@hwdc.state.ca.us if you get a chance.