Daylight Savings & nvsecd

To: nv-l@lists.tivoli.com
Subject: Daylight Savings & nvsecd
From: Dermott <oneill_d@INS.COM>
Date: Thu, 8 Oct 1998 16:05:03 -0400
Sender: Discussion of IBM NetView and POLYCENTER Manager on NetView et alia <NV-L@UCSBVM.UCSB.EDU>
Hello,

Last April 5th, the beginning of Daylight Savings Time, nvsecd wouldn't
allow anyone to login to Netview (4.1.2).  When we called in the problem we
were told the issue was that there was not 24 hours in that day; that
confused nvsecd.  Part of the work around was to turn off security
(nvsecd).  We still have NetView 4.1.2 and now also NetView 5.0, both on
AIX.

With Daylight Savings ending Oct 25, a day with more than 24 hours, will
this bug reappear?

Also, does anyone know if this bug has been fixed in a recent ptf, we are
still at u449573 on our NetView 4.1.2 box.

Thanks for your input,
--Dermott