User Profile Customization...

To: nv-l@lists.tivoli.com
Subject: User Profile Customization...
From: Sean Goldsworthy <seang@CA.IBM.COM>
Date: Wed, 14 Oct 1998 13:27:57 -0400
Sender: Discussion of IBM NetView and POLYCENTER Manager on NetView et alia <NV-L@UCSBVM.UCSB.EDU>
Hello All.

I am running the following....

Netview 5.1/FrameWork 3.6 on AIX 4.2.1

I am trying to do some user profile customization. I have three netview users,
root, oper1, and oper2.
I want to customize root's .profile in the following manner....

 .dtprofile will be  customized in order to run the .profile in DCE
environment

 DTSOURCEPROFILE=true

 .profile will be  also customized including the setup of  TIVOLI
Netview environment.

PATH=/usr/bin:/etc:/usr/sbin:/usr/ucb:$HOME/bin:/usr/bin/X11:/sbin:/usr/OV/bin:.
 PS1=`whoami`@`hostname`:'$PWD'">"
 . /etc/Tivoli/setup_env.sh
 set -o vi

When I reboot and log back in as root, I cannot start the CDE, I give the
correct pasword and I get kicked back out before the CDE comes up.
I have determined that it is the line   . /etc/Tivoli/setup_env.sh    which is
giving me the problem. Does anyone know why??
I would have to execute this command anyway in order to setup the Tivoli
environment d that I can run Netview. What is the link with the CDE??

Any help/info appreciated.

Sincerely,

Sean Goldsworthy.