Re: Net View Integration Pack and Framework for NT 4.0

To: nv-l@lists.tivoli.com
Subject: Re: Net View Integration Pack and Framework for NT 4.0
From: Mark_Sklenarik@TIVOLI.COM
Date: Wed, 14 Oct 1998 13:07:01 -0400
Sender: Discussion of IBM NetView and POLYCENTER Manager on NetView et alia <NV-L@UCSBVM.UCSB.EDU>
>First I would like to know if the license for NV for NT includes
>Framework for NV for NT?  NetView for AIX includes a license for
>Framework.
The license provided is for the Framework, whether you use it with NV4NT or
NV4AIX is up to you.  But please remember, mostly likely you paid for a
single license of NetView. If you use NT or AIX is up to you, but unless
you paid for two NetView license, you only get to use one.

>My second question is, do you need to install Framework for NV for NT
>before you install the Tivoli Integration Pack?
Yes, in order to use Tivoli Integration Pack for NetView (Tipn), you must
first install the Framework. NV4NT by itself does not require the
Framework.
The order is something like this.
- Install NV4NT
- Install Framework TMR or Managed Nodes on all machines where NV4NT is
going to communicate with the Tivoli apps. i.e.. all NV4NT boxes.
- Install Framework Patch " TME 10 Framework TIPN Patch "
(Drive:/PATCHES/TIPN3201) on all managed nodes where NV4NT is installed and
the TMR server.
- Install product Tivoli NetView (Server or Client) 5.1 Enabler for Windows
NT (Drive:/NVNT), on the machines to match the NetView (Server or Client)
installed on the machine.
- Install products for TIPN on correct machines. (Drive:/TIPN).
- Do the necessary configurations.

Tivoli Verification - RTP
Bldg 500, 4205 South Miami Blvd,  Research Triangle Park, NC 27709
Email: mark.sklenarik@tivoli.com              Http: www.tivoli.com

"Bacon, Benjamin" <Benjamin.Bacon@WESTGROUP.COM> on 10/14/98 11:51:20 AM

      NetView et alia <NV-L@UCSBVM.UCSB.EDU>

To:   NV-L@UCSBVM.UCSB.EDU
cc:    (bcc: Mark Sklenarik)

Hi,
I have a couple of questions about Net View Integration Pack and Framework
for NT.  First I would like to know if the license for NV for NT includes
Framework for NV for NT?  Net View for AIX includes a license for
Framework.
My second question is, do you need to install Framework for for NV for NT
before you install the Tivoli Integration Pack?

Thanks,
Benjamin Bacon