Re: How to create account for Web accessed user

To: nv-l@lists.tivoli.com
Subject: Re: How to create account for Web accessed user
From: Scott Wilson <swilson@RPM.COM>
Date: Thu, 15 Oct 1998 12:26:14 -0400
Sender: Discussion of IBM NetView and POLYCENTER Manager on NetView et alia <NV-L@UCSBVM.UCSB.EDU>
In NetView v5.1 you do not use a UNIX account, rather a NetView account
created through nvsec_admin tool (AIX), and you must grant the user access to
the group "web".

Vladimir Petr wrote:

> You can of course modify the access.conf. However, it is sufficient that
> a user have any valid unix account on the NV server except root in order
> to log on successfully via web browser (at least in NV5).
>
> Best regards,
> Vladimir.
>
> Parker G Yuan wrote:
> >
> > You have two choices:
> > 1.  Create an account on Netview server with read-only permission. Use "
> > smit mkuser" command if your Netview is on AIX platform.
> >
> > 2. Deactive the WEB password function  on Netview server:  Procedure:
> >      2.1  vi  /usr/OV/web/hpptd/conf/access.conf
> >     2.2   comment out the all lines  of  "Required Valid -user"
> >    2.3   save the file.
> >   2.4    stop  and restart web server on Netview server.
> >                     Parker
> >
> > Brian Hwang <bhwang@TW.IBM.COM> on 10/14/98 12:15:10 AM
> >
> > Please respond to Discussion of IBM NetView and POLYCENTER Manager on
> >       NetView et alia <NV-L@UCSBVM.UCSB.EDU>
> >
> > To:   NV-L@UCSBVM.UCSB.EDU
> > cc:    (bcc: Parker G Yuan/SAC/HN/FHS)
> > Subject:  How to create account for Web accessed user
> >
> > Could any one tell me how to create a user account to access Netview map
> > by
> > using Web browser, and what is the releation configuration?
> >
> > Best Regards,
> >
> >  Brian Hwang,
> >  IBM,Taiwan
> >  TEL:886-7-213-5523
> >  FAX:886-7-216-5488
> >  E-Mail: bhwang@tw.ibm.com

Scott Wilson                         Email: swilson@rpm.com
Network Management Consultant        Pager: 800-506-7348
RPM Consulting, Inc.