SNMP Difficulty with Netview? NT?

To: nv-l@lists.tivoli.com
Subject: SNMP Difficulty with Netview? NT?
From: Don_Franklin/Systems/Central/SunLife@SUNLIFEOFCANADA.COM
Date: Fri, 16 Oct 1998 09:35:59 -0400
Sender: Discussion of IBM NetView and POLYCENTER Manager on NetView <NV-L@UCSBVM.UCSB.EDU>
     Our NT staff has defined SNMP on numerous Servers in our organization.
We read the SNMP data from NETVIEW AIX (version 5.0) and build collections
based upon that data.
     90% of the time everything is OK. However, for the other 10% Netview's
'Display Object Information' screen shows...

isSNMPSupported     FALSE
SNMPAgent                Unset

     According to our NT staff, they are setting the SNMP configuration the
same - both on Servers who's SNMP Netview can see and on Servers who's SNMP
Netview cannot see. At this juncture we don't know if the problem is rooted
in NT or in Netview.
     Solutions? Empathy?
     Thanks.

Don Franklin