Re: Netview 5.1 bitmap problem

To: nv-l@lists.tivoli.com
Subject: Re: Netview 5.1 bitmap problem
From: "Prokott, Joe" <Joe.Prokott@WESTGROUP.COM>
Date: Mon, 19 Oct 1998 08:17:46 -0500
Sender: Discussion of IBM NetView and POLYCENTER Manager on NetView <NV-L@UCSBVM.UCSB.EDU>
I experienced the same problem.  The problem has to do with the type of
display you are running the "ovw -config" command on.  You need to run the
command on an 8-bit display, not anything more.  When I ran this command on
our 150 X-station, I did not have this problem.  Once you run this command
on an 8-bit display, you can go back to the normal display.  You can see
what bit your display is by executing the command /usr/lpp/X11/bin/xdpyinfo.
You can also reference my problem PMR 30435, Branch 379, if necessary.

Joe Prokott - West Group
Network Architect
610 Opperman Drive
St. Paul, MN  55123