Re: Monitoring and thresholding traffic between two systems

To: nv-l@lists.tivoli.com
Subject: Re: Monitoring and thresholding traffic between two systems
From: Stefan Schickling <stefan_schickling@MUS.DE>
Date: Wed, 21 Oct 1998 17:54:33 +0200
Sender: Discussion of IBM NetView and POLYCENTER Manager on NetView <NV-L@UCSBVM.UCSB.EDU>
Hi Richard,
to monitor the traffic between two dedicated systems over a shered segment you
need an RMON-Probe and a RMON-Software. We installed both NetScout and IBM
Nways Manager ReMon.
In my opinion the NetScout will be the better one but the IBM will work fine,
too.

mfg/best regards
Stefan Schickling
Technical Consultat