Re: nvsecd-Signal 4

To: nv-l@lists.tivoli.com
Subject: Re: nvsecd-Signal 4
From: Scott Wilson <swilson@RPM.COM>
Date: Thu, 22 Oct 1998 10:30:55 -0400
Sender: Discussion of IBM NetView and POLYCENTER Manager on NetView <NV-L@UCSBVM.UCSB.EDU>
Anthony,

This is a bug with NetView 5.1 security.  Look in /usr/OV/PD/cores/nvsecd/
for a core file.  I have a case open with IBM and have sent them a core
file, but have yet to hear back.  They did seem to be aware of the problem
when I opened the ticket though.

An ovstart will restart nvsecd, and does not seem to affect the security of
other EUIS.  Maybe it would be wise to put in a cron job to run ovstart
periodically to prevent users from seeing the problem....

HTH,

Scott