Re: "Error during reading background file."

To: nv-l@lists.tivoli.com
Subject: Re: "Error during reading background file."
From: 252449N@KNOTES.KODAK.COM
Date: Fri, 23 Oct 1998 16:37:17 -0400
Sender: Discussion of IBM NetView and POLYCENTER Manager on NetView <NV-L@UCSBVM.UCSB.EDU>
From: Terry L Abbott

I know exactly what that is.  There is a corrupt image file for the
Baystack 150 hubs that is part of the new release.  I too have had that and
through contact with both Tivoli and Bay Networks here is the latest
response.

Hi Terry,

The problem you are having is a known issue. There is already a bug logged
against this. The CR is 78074.

If you have Baystack 150s on your network, then just click okay when the
error appears. It will not hinder performance.

If you do not have Baystack 150s on your network, then here is the
workaround:

move/remove
/usr/OV/bitmaps/C/baynet_baystack-150* bitmaps before the installation
routine invokes a "ovw -config".

This issue should be resolved in the next version of Optivity with a
shipping date of approximately January.

If I do not hear back from you by the end of business on Friday, October
9th, 1998, then I will assume that this ticket can be closed.

If you need additional help with this, then you can either email me back or
call 1-8002LANWAN with the case number.  If you decide AFTER Friday that
you need more asistance on this issue, then you may just call back in at
the same number and reopen the ticket.

Hope this helps!

Tim Hughes
Tim Hughes