Re: IF Deleted & Node Deleted

To: nv-l@lists.tivoli.com
Subject: Re: IF Deleted & Node Deleted
From: Simon Long <simon@NETTRACK.COM.AU>
Date: Mon, 26 Oct 1998 14:49:04 +1100
Sender: Discussion of IBM NetView and POLYCENTER Manager on NetView <NV-L@UCSBVM.UCSB.EDU>
Hi Tim.

Here are two possibilities:-

1.  If a node is down ( by default ) longer than a week it will be deleted.
     But this is adjustable so you may want to check your SNMP
     Config from the GUI "Options" pull-down choice.
2.  If a configuration poll determines that the fundamental nature of the
     node has changed significantly enough to warrant it the node will be
     deleted and recreated.   This can be followed up to see if any new
     node has been added in it's place in eg trapd.log.

Regards,

Simon Long
Nettrack Technical Solutions Pty Ltd