Re: Netview 5.1 and Collections -Respuesta -Respuesta

To: nv-l@lists.tivoli.com
Subject: Re: Netview 5.1 and Collections -Respuesta -Respuesta
From: Adrian Cappelletti <Adrian@TECNET.TEMP.COM.AR>
Date: Wed, 28 Oct 1998 14:03:13 -0300
Sender: Discussion of IBM NetView and POLYCENTER Manager on NetView <NV-L@UCSBVM.UCSB.EDU>
OK, thank you for your help. I'll keep in mind what you told me about the
posibility to mail to netview@tivoli.com. Can I send to this addres any advise
that I think it could be a good improve for Netview?

   Adrian

>>> <James_Shanks@TIVOLI.COM> 28/10/98 12:41 >>>
No, it is not a bug.

The way collmap works is that it relies on what has been already done by
netmon and ipmap, and it copies the existing symbol for that object when it
is added to the collection.  Under normal circumstances, it never has to do
that again.  By chnaging the symbols, for whatever reason, you made the
mismatch, so now you have to fix it.

If you think that collmap should be expanded to re-check all symbols when
it is started, the way ipmap does, then you should request this enhancement
by sending a note to netview@tivoli.com.

James Shanks
Tivoli (NetView for UNIX) L3 Support

Adrian Cappelletti <Adrian@TECNET.TEMP.COM.AR> on 10/28/98 10:06:43 AM