Re: how to block node-up/down traps?

To: nv-l@lists.tivoli.com
Subject: Re: how to block node-up/down traps?
From: Vladimir Petr <petr@DATASYS.CZ>
Date: Wed, 28 Oct 1998 17:47:55 +0100
Sender: Discussion of IBM NetView and POLYCENTER Manager on NetView <NV-L@UCSBVM.UCSB.EDU>
Hello again, Giscard;
If you desire to log those events and to display them only for some selected
nodes, you can copy each event to create a
new one (with the same Specific ID as that of its source) and modify them so
that Source can contain just those nodes.
Let the events from these nodes be displayed and logged if desired. The
original events can be then set to Don't log or
display, simply discarded, or anything you want.

Best regards,
Vladimir.

--
Vladimir Petr