Re: Problem with nvaddtrapdconf

To: nv-l@lists.tivoli.com
Subject: Re: Problem with nvaddtrapdconf
From: Vynita Pretorius <vpretor@FAST.CO.ZA>
Date: Wed, 28 Oct 1998 21:58:59 -0500
Sender: Discussion of IBM NetView and POLYCENTER Manager on NetView <NV-L@UCSBVM.UCSB.EDU>
-- [ From: Vynita Pretorius * EMC.Ver #2.5.02 ] --

Hi
When you say you are looking up Trapd.conf I presume you are looking at the
trapd.conf that appears in /usr/OV/conf/C because in my experiences the
trapd.conf in /usr/OV/conf does not update. Have you checked to see the
actual traps in xnmtrap.
B.T.W. There is a utility xnmevents and UpdateTrapXXX which merges a file
into the trapd.conf, BUT if think it is part of the Ciscoview/works package.

Thanks
Vynita Pretorius

> Date: Tuesday, 27-Oct-98 09:29 AM
>
> From: James_Shanks@TIVOLI.COM  \ Internet:    (james_shanks@tivoli.com)