WEB INTERFACE

To: nv-l@lists.tivoli.com
Subject: WEB INTERFACE
From: FITZINGER Richard <richard.fitzinger@CAIT.CO.AT>
Date: Thu, 29 Oct 1998 11:41:02 +0100
Sender: Discussion of IBM NetView and POLYCENTER Manager on NetView <NV-L@UCSBVM.UCSB.EDU>
I have noticed a problem with NetView WEB after migrating from 5.0 to
5.1. If I want to view the contents of "IP Internet" or "Collections" an
"Error!" box pops up saying "Error reading requested symbols".

I have executed "ovw -config". I have also tried to delete all symbols
in /usr/OV/web and recreated them with "ovw -webconfig".

There are no helpful entries in the /usr/OV/web... log files.

Viewing "Collections" via WEB has worked in 5.0 and we have not changed
or added symbols before migrating to 5.1.

Browser: Netscape 4.05 and IE 4.0

Any help would be appreciated.

Richard Fitzinger

iT-AUSTRIA