Cleaning up after seed file revisions

To: nv-l@lists.tivoli.com
Subject: Cleaning up after seed file revisions
From: Simon Long <simon@NETTRACK.COM.AU>
Date: Sat, 31 Oct 1998 21:28:59 +1100
Sender: Discussion of IBM NetView and POLYCENTER Manager on NetView <NV-L@UCSBVM.UCSB.EDU>
Hi,

I am interested in the issue of how you might clean nodes out
that are already discovered using your previous seed file, when
you have just added in significant changes to said seed file and
activated them.    It seems that the seed file will not automatically
remove the nodes which are now excluded from discovery.   I
am OK with the manual procedure of deleting nodes from all of the
maps for one or two nodes but I am hoping there is some
standardised procedure or facility to help me trim the databases
quickly following more sweeping changes.

Thanks very much,

Simon Long
Nettrack Technical Solutions Pty Ltd