Re: Handling numbered ISDN interfaces

To: nv-l@lists.tivoli.com
Subject: Re: Handling numbered ISDN interfaces
From: "Whitehead, Neil" <whitern@RBOS.CO.UK>
Date: Sat, 31 Oct 1998 15:10:55 -0000
Sender: Discussion of IBM NetView and POLYCENTER Manager on NetView <NV-L@UCSBVM.UCSB.EDU>
One method that we've found quite successful is as follows....

Discover the loopback interfaces, ISDN interface and the Serial line
interface.
Unmanage and hide the ISDN interface.

If the serial line goes down -  the ISDN interface is automatically
brought up, this means that the serial line interface is red but
Loopback is still green, ( the ISDN interface colour takes no part in
status propagation) so the router goes yellow......then reverts back to
green when the serial line is brought up.

Neil Whitehead (x22808)
IT Services (Telecoms)
The Royal Bank of Scotland
Tel: 0131-523 2808